Sunday, September 26, 2010

To Hot!

Me(bike smasher), Bobby(Loafer), Nathan(new guy), Aaron(Mavic), Sean(mountianbike adict), Arch(Mavic), Brad(Cambria)
For the last two days I had the privilege of guiding some bike industry types around my local stomping grounds. Sean brought some of his friends up on their way home from Interbike. We hit up the Arnold Rim trail yesterday. All of the climbs seemed to be harder than normal. I think a lot of this was due to the start time of 11:00. It just got hotter and hotter. Fortunately we had a great group of guys and were able to talk enough crap to distract ourselves up the hills.
Today we started out at 9:00 but I don't think we missed any of the heat (100 degrees by the end). We headed straight for Crandel Peak on the easiest route I could think of. It didn't matter the climb in the sun still took its tole. After showing them the amazing view from the old fire look out we finally got to rail some single track. From there it was a mix of trail and fire road all the way to Deer creek. I even conned them into doing some trail work. As exhausting as the day was everyone said they would come back.
I should also note that Brad was the only one to pedal all the way back up the hill to my house. The guy is a beer drinking/hill climbing machine. I'm pretty sure Arch and Aaron are trying to keep Sierra Nevada in the green. Next time I think I'll need a beer drop half way if I want to entice them to do more miles.
Only one flat and no major mechanicals or injuries. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment