Friday, April 27, 2012

 This is what all the work was for. He finally started getting nervous right before the actual race run. We were only able to get three practice runs in before the race. We spent most of the first two days at Sea Otter standing in line waiting to ride the Downhill course. Gage rode with out to much trouble but the course definitely favored a BMX background. Not really a true DH. He will have to learn how to jump before next year to be competitive.  
 Race over! He was bummed by his result, 6 out of 6. I was just happy he rode well and had fun for his first race and didn't get hurt. The first day we were there somebody broke their neck. Final run 4:54.1
 Hands down Gage has the cutest fans.
 When it was time for my run the trail got a lot more serious at higher speeds. I spent half my practice riding slow with Gage. It was still not what I would consider a proper DH course but it was a lot of fun and would be cool to practice more on. I was also penalized be a lack of jumping skills. Final run 3:11.7
 It was the hottest Sea Otter I have attended. Finding shade was essential. Gage is relaxing now that his race is over.
 The kids had lots of fun playing at the beach after.
She should make an awesome mountain biker, as much as she likes to eat dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment