Sunday, January 20, 2013

Taste of CX

 My first Mountain bike rides were on old dirt roads. I loved exploring all the old dirt roads behind Cedar Ridge. Then everywhere we went camping. It wasn't until much later that I discovered single track. I always feel the draw to grind out miles and miles on back roads connecting places you can't with a car. Normally I have trouble suckering participants in these suffer fests. It turns out that there are hundreds of morons that are into this sort of thing and most of them ride a Cyclocross bike, which is basically a dirt road bike. Hear is Sean with his new CX bike, still smiling after 60miles.
I "raced" a monster CXish event today called the Grasshopper in Occidental. Not a true Cyclocross race(no tape, no timing, and way to long) but super fun. 60 miles, 6000ft gain, over 7000 calories. I rode my new Pivot Mach 429 with hybrid tires. Sean and I are prepping ourselves for the High Cascades 100 miler in July, so I think we will be doing more of these type of rides. By the way the only thing that tasted better than the Coke classic they give you at the end is the beer at Laguinitas on the way home and maybe the pulled pork nachos.

No comments:

Post a Comment