Saturday, July 20, 2013

High Cascade 100

Sean rolled in to the 57 mile aid station a little before me and started loading up on sugar.

Even though it was just over half way we were very happy to be there and have food waiting. The girls were awesome. they brought ice chests full of goodies. 57 miles and still smiling.

Sean was definitely in better shape than me at the 80 mile. Much faster too.  

I was so hammered when I rolled into the 80 mile aid station. The last 15 miles before this were brutal. I have never pushed my bike so far. Sean was nice enough to make me a sandwich  in my very own Elmo case. What I could struggle down was fantastic, unfortunately at this point eating was very hard. 

Rolling out, only 20 miles left. "Only 500 feet of gain and then its all down hill". LIARS!

Sean is done and drinking his beer.

I'm finished and not all that stable.

The most awesome bottle of water and cold towel I have ever seen. 
100 miles on a mountain bike is really really FAR!
103 miles, 11,060 ft gain, 13hrs 41min,10,764 calories burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment