Monday, September 26, 2016

Summer is officially over, Long live Fall

 We ended our summer with a couple great trips. The kids got to experience Armstrong to Corral trail for the second time. Much faster and way funner. Jeanie loves this ride. Thanks again to Oldma's shuttle service.   
 Ashton was either grinning or talking the whole way down.
 Northstar! I love Northstar.
 Dan, Aron, Sean and I rode Yogies. Unless your a total beginner this ride should be on your bucket list. If your really good you can stop over in the Jellystone Jump park on your way down.
 Gage got a new Trek Fuel EX5 from Sonora Cyclery so  we had to take it down Snakedance for a shakedown.
 Ashton moved up to Gage's Pitch. Both kids were stoked to be riding a new bike. There really isn't anything like getting a new bike. Thanks Brent.
 Even though Jeanie is on her "Beater" Knolly she managed to have a great time as well.
 About once a year I ride Glacier just so I don't start thinking I have skill. This trail humbles me every time. Lucas here is showing me the line.
 We took a quick trip over to Mammoth last weekend. We got over there late but still managed to Squeeze a shuttle down Lower Rock Creek, with 20 minuets of daylight to spare. Probably the funnest trail I know. 
 One of the funnest ways to spend a day is riding Mammoth Mountain. I think everybody's skill level went up a notch.
 Gage was ripping it up!
 We played on a ton of wooden features.
 Ashton loves the table tops.
 Ashton did so good he though he could slay the Mammoth.
 We did a mountain bike field trip for Cornerstone Cristian School. It was a huge success.
 Kyle had a blast even though he ended up with 8 stitches. I'm pretty sure he will be back for more anyway.
 I think Angelino's face says it all. This was the bonus ride. There was a total of ten kids and 3 adults. Sonora Cyclery was nice enough to provide free rental bikes and helmets for those who needed them.

Yesterday Brent and I forced Lucas to ride Milo's Run with us. The description was: uphill for almost forever followed by a gnarly hike a bike, ride the jeep trail over Lyons butt, then down the super trashy/rocky brutal downhill, to the never ending sandy uphill road back to the car, followed by semi flat home brew. Awesome day! Not sure why everyone doesn't ride this. Seriously, it is one of my favorite rides up here. Lucas had fun, I'm pretty sure.  

1 comment: