Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Making the best of the weather

 This last week the weather has been more like a normal winter. Everybody is freaking out. I took the opportunity to ride Grant ridge to Columbia on my single speed. Only had snow on the first couple miles. Didn't see a single person until after Italian Bar. 
 Friday was the first "Official" running of the Red Hills Rumble. Every year before this it has been illegal  because it's an organized event. A huge thanks to Jeff and his wife for jumping through the hoops and buying insurance to make it legit. I just wish more riders would have braved the weather.
 This is Crista Smith, she took first place. I officially got chicked. She beat me by one second. I can't complain she is really fast and has dropped me in longer races before. Congratulations Crista!
I gave Jeanie her Christmas present early this year. She's both stoked and bummed. She loved her old Knolly Endorphin. Unfortunately her frame was cracked. Knolly was nice enough to take $500 off a new frame even though we weren't the original buyers and the bike was from 2007. Now we have to start scrounging up parts. The new frame is 27.5 so of course none of the major parts are interchangeable. Have you ever seen a cooler Christmas ornament?

No comments:

Post a Comment