Monday, July 5, 2010

Switch to Golden State

I can't write what we said
Not one of Brandons smartest moves
I think Sean will get rid of his pedals after this ride


Cody was the only one that felt like it wasn't hot enough. So he wore all his gear.



Brandon made it to the bottom and decided he still likes riding




I think Sean forgot about the rail road spike.





Sunday morning didn't start out so well. Sean and I got up real early and decided to drop a car at the bottom of our run so the whole day would be smoother (less climbing). Everything was going well, we met on the road, never even had to stop. We dropped off my truck and started to climb out when Seans truck started to hisssss. When we tried to change the tire we broke the lug key. I have to give Sean credit I don't think I could have handled it as well as he did.
We decided to ride up the rest of the way to Strawberry and meet Cody (Thank God for Golden State cell service). Unfortunately this meant we would be skipping some of the best single track (Dome PCP). All and all it turned out to be an awesome ride and Cody finally got to ride the SG trail. I think he quit hating me for just a little while. Its hard to be mad on that beautiful ribbon of dirt and rock plummeting to the river floor.
At the end we were able to call a tow truck from the middle of nowhere and only had to wait about ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment