Monday, July 12, 2010

The Whole Tamale?

Had a couple new guys with us. Not sure they like our trails
Walk the line

Log jams helped us across some white water


The only real casualty was Stokers shorts



The most awsome water spigot in the whole world




In Moab there is a Down hill ride called The Whole Enchilada. It is a continous run from the highest trail you can get in the La Sals to the valley floor. You have to connect several different trails but it gives you the ultimate downhill day. Here in the Sierra we have a run in the works that I'm going to call the Whole Tamale. Unfortunately do to time and snow problems we had to start two trails lower. I think it will end up being a truly epic ride if we're ever able to hit the whole thing in one run.
We rode what we could and all of us we're smoked before we hit bottom. Even Sean, who is an animal on a mountain bike was starting to make stupid mistakes. I think every one of us went over the bars at some point, but the crashes on the last trail were just comical. I did my thing and broke my bike on the first trail. Sean and I were able to get it to stay in one gear so I finished the ride on a single speed. If there is anyone out there that is thinking about building a 40lb single speed you are in for one hell of a workout. In the end we made it out to the campground and prepared for the most brutal climb in the area. After about a mile of suffering the guy from Tri dam saved us and gave us all a ride right to our trucks. If any of us see that guy in the Peppery his beer will be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment