Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day Downhill

My wife asked what I would like to do for Father's Day. Gee let me think. So of course the most downhill I could get followed by beer and BBQ was at the top of the list. Unfortunately the highest we could start at was South Fork trail. Crossing Hearing Creek didn't seem like a good idea. We still managed to get a little over 2 hours in. The families had a ball playing at Sand Bar while we came down. Over all It couldn't have gone any better( unless I'd found a bag of "skill" before we came down). 2.5 hrs 12.88 miles 2600 ft of descent
Nathan's first taste of the techie craziness that is everywhere in the Pinecrest area. I think he liked it. Here you can see that the water was so high that the trail was un rideable in some places.
This is the second time my new North Shore rack got to prove itself . It hauled all the bikes up that bouncy road. The bikes didn't seem to move at all. I still haven't fully loaded it yet.
I think the simplicity of this thing is the best part. Virtually no moving parts and solid steel construction, can't beet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment