Sunday, November 13, 2011

Good Test

 Finally got a proper "All Mountain" ride in for my new all mountain bike. Chuck at Solstice sent me a loaner set of cranks to fix my shifting problems. What other frame manufacturer is going to do that? This guy has gone so far beyond what would be expected form an owner it crazy. He talked me though setting up the front derailleur from his house on a Saturday!  I was able to use my original front chain rings on his cranks and everything lined up perfectly. 
 The snow did melt enough for Sean and I to get up to Crandle Peak and ride down some lava in perfect weather. 16miles, 3hours, 2064ft gain, 1938 calories, 2 flat tires
The Solstice has some big shoes to fill. My Firebird was the best all around bike I have ever ridden. I think this one might be that good. I need a little more time to know for sure but so far I am very happy with my choice in frames, and certainly in terms of customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment