Sunday, November 6, 2011

Old friend new bike

 I finally got my Solstice and the parts to build it on Friday. I built it on Saturday. It snowed 4 inches here on Saturday night. I was so grumpy I wasn't going to ride it. But the only person I would have bet money would not go riding, (Brandon) set up a ride. We went to Tuttle Town for some easy XC trails after all the rain. 
They conditions were perfect. The Solstice didn't really get a proper test though. The trails are super smooth and easy. This worked out because I had to ride 1X10. It turns out that you can't run a 10 speed set up with old 3 speed cranks, at least not with the front derailleur I am using. So I am going to have to buy a new set of cranks (budget killer). So far I am very impressed with how well the bike climbs though. Because I did the whole ride in the 36 ring I had to stand and climb a lot. It had almost no noticeable pedal bob. Hopefully the snow melts a bit and I can show it some rocks.  

1 comment: