Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bell Mt. Loop

 Lucas's grin says it all. Him and I rode the Bell Mt. loop today. First time for me. This trail is equal parts suffering and crazy downhill. Absolute blast to ride. 17 miles, 2874ft gain, 4:28min, 2770 calories. The numbers don't do it justice. The Downhills are just as demanding as the up. 
 I forgot to mention the stunning views. Hear Lucas and Katie are checking it out. This was at the top of a new bonus suffer.
 This is what we saw after the first gnarly bit of climbing and route finding. It was enough to get Lucas to put his pads on. In the end it wasn't as scary as it looked. Its hard to tell in the photo but its steep enough I wouldn't want to walk it.
 This shot is of the next huge piece of granite. You can only see about a quarter of this slab.
 Have to try to slow down enough to make the turn.
Niether one of us made it. He was supposed to turn up the hill. My brakes were maxed out. This loop is awesome I can't wait to do it again. Thanks for the guide work Lucas. 
P.S. I have started to hate Avid Elixer brakes. I have bled them over and over. If I'm lucky I get 3 to 4 rides before they need to be bled again. There was more than a couple puckering moments today when the levers hit the bars and I just had to go along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment