Monday, June 10, 2013

Milo's Run

 Despite the look on my face I am very happy to see this sign. I heard about Milo's Run when I first started mountain biking. Every description or story I could find made it sound like it was a super gnarly suffer fest. Any time I mentioned riding it everyone else became really busy all of a sudden. I finally found my victim in Sean. 
 There are more hike a bikes than your average ride, but not out of control.
 The sections we did have to walk gave us a chance to enjoy the amazing views.
 Almost to the top of the hike. The best view of the Dardanells I have seen.
 Huge flowering meadows on the way down to Eagle Meadows. 
Its mostly downhill from here. Unfortunately I ended up taking a dirt sample towards the top of the techy DH section. I swore I wouldn't run the XC tires on my 429 after the last time I rode it. It made for a very painful ride to the bottom. I think I tried to dislocate my shoulder, and ended up with a sprained AC ligament. Despite the pain and the trip to the ER I can't wait to ride Milo's again. Super fun awesome scenery with a side of adventure. It also looks like there might have been some Grizz style trail work done since the last time I rode the DH.  MTB only reroutes down some great big granite slabs.      

No comments:

Post a Comment