Tuesday, June 4, 2013

More Spring

 Fish and I were playing above Lyons while everything was still green.
 Sea Otter! the official kickoff of MTB season. This years course was the best I have ridden so far. 
 I'm trying out a new type of brake pad. Scrub components makes theses pads with a heat sink bonded to the backing plate. Shimano changed all their brakes to work like this, but if you can't afford to buy new brakes this seemed like a good alternative.
 Here you can see them mounted in the front caliper. They angle out and look to give lots of extra cooling. The only issue with mounting them is making sure the pistons are all the way retracted so you have enough clearance.
 This is on the rear. I decided to swap out the rotors to the next size as well (203mm front, 185mm rear).  I think this will give the best cooling and power. I only have one ride on them (Arnold) but so far I am very happy. After bedding in they had a ton of power and were easy to modulate.  
Bobby and Katie and I made our first run up to PCP. I just rained the day before so the conditions were perfect. Awesome run. Thanks Grizz for repairs and reroutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment