Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sandy Ridge

 Last Sunday I was in Portland for the weekend and managed to squeeze an amazing ride in. If you are ever driving through the Portland area make sure you take your bike and allow a couple hours to check out the Sandy Ridge trail system. This place is amazing! Mammoth Mt. wishes it's trails were like these.  The trails were built in conjunction with I.M.B.A. and use all the latest ideas. I rode here a couple years ago when it was still new. Now the flow and speeds on the bedded in trails are unbelievable. You can see how sculpted the berms are behind my bike, and this is the way up. I couldn't bring myself to stop and take a picture on the trail down.
As you can see the creek crossings don't slow you down one bit. The coolest thing about the trail system is that you could ride it on any bike at any skill level. Bigger bikes and better skill just means you jump farther and go faster. I saw a single speed rider tearing it up and I saw a 7 year old out riding with his Dad. Sandy Ridge is really a mandatory stop of your in the area (Bobby on your way to Washington).

No comments:

Post a Comment