Monday, June 30, 2014

3 Months!

 I knew I was neglecting this blog but I can't believe it's been three months sense my last posting. Sorry to anyone who actually follows me. 
These Continentals we're replacements for the two defective tires I got from Interbike. The customer service people are awesome at Continental. I am trying them out on my Lynskey single speed right now. It's got some steep competition because every tire is now compared to the Schwalbe Hans Dampf.  I'll just have to see how it stacks up long term.
 Sean signed Sergio himself and I up for the Bogg's 8 hr. This is one of the funnest races/events I have ever attended. We raced it as a three man single speed team.
 Random racers.
 Sean cranking out some impressive lap times.
 Fortunately Tutu's were optional.
 Sergio got kinda screwed, we made him do 5 laps and Sean and I only did 3.
 What do you mean we didn't podium?
 Fourth out of six is still fourth. Can you guess who's laps were who's?
 We actually had a storm this year, Katie and I had to get out in it.
 I forgot this picture. Boggs is the only race I know with this aid station.
 This is last week. I can't believe Lyons is still full. 
 Lucas and I went on the first real ride Iv'e been on in a while. Here he is playing on Bell Mt. One of my favorite rides up here. It felt great to be so far out in the woods and scared shitless while grinning all the way down.
 This morning I took out a new guy from work that said "There's no good trails up here". Couldn't have told someone worse. Now I'm going to drag his butt all over every piece of granite and dirt we have.
 This afternoon I had to take the Family up to Ridge trail. 
 Everybody had a blast. It was the hottest day so far so after the ride we jumped in Pinecrest lake.
 Nothing like a shuttled DH to put a smile on your face.
Except maybe a post ride brew. I bolted up a full XTR drive on Jeanie's Knolly and asked her how she liked it. Did she appreciate the beer more than the drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment