Monday, June 1, 2015

May, out with a bang!

 Friday before last Sean and I went to Demo for a little suspension adjustment. We had so much fun the only picture I took was of this turkey tail mushroom on the first climb. We rode Brail trail on our first run and stopped about 6 times to adjust our suspension. By the time we got to the bottom our bikes were floating over everything. Our next loop we rode the whole Flow trail. They just finished the last section of this trail. It is so long and has so many G outs that we had to stop half way to the bottom and let our legs recover. Amazing trail!
 Then last Monday Dan shut down the shop for a shuttle day in Downieville. Probably the funnest thing you can do on two wheels.
 We ended up with 16 people freight training down the most awesome trails around. It was the tightest line I have ever ridden in. Every one hauled ass down hill. Most sections there was only a foot between riders.
 Finally we decide to race the Lost and Found 100 mile gravel grinder.
 Nothing like a couple hundred CX riders to let you know how out of shape you are. CX magazine rated this as a top 25 on every riders bucket list. 
 Sean and Jeanie were worried that I died. 
 I thought I did. That may have been the hardest race I have ever done.
 It was brutal but I can't think of any ride or drive that had more beautiful. We started here on the shore of lake Davis outside Portola.   
How many rides do you see this on? But really it was so F@#$%^g hard! The last 23 miles were like a constant kick in the nuts.  I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment