Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pre BC

 The last couple months the BC bike race has been clouding my mind on and off the bike. I've managed to get up to 4 and five rides a week. Here Gage met me at Lyons lake.
 Bobby and I took a couple of guy's on "the best ride I've ever been on". according to Terry, (left).
 Can't help taking pictures on the Castle Meadow trail. Unfortunately I spent 30 min tightening spokes on my rear wheel. I totally believe the wheels are the weak link on the Enduro.
 Lucas and I climbed Castle again. He wasn't interested in trail, just shrooms.
 There has to be more around here.
 It's hard to explain the scenery up here to anyone who hasn't experienced it already.
 My goal for this and the last ride on this loop were to spend some time dialing in my suspension before BC. Unfortunately the last ride had me playing with loose spokes. This ride ended not long after this shot with a striped hub body, and a lot of walking.
 I very carefully took my XC bike and got a few runs in with the family for Father's Day.
 Snakedance is one of my families favorite trails.
 Ashton = manly yet sweet

"Look there's more trail up there"
 Gage was so excited to be riding PCP for the first time in 3 years.

 The dirt was too lose to hit the drop.
 He had a blast. Everybody loves PCP.
 This is the Achilles heal of the Enduro. If you buy one plan on upgrading the wheels. If you look real close you can see DT Swiss on the hub. What it doesn't tell you is the DT Swiss internals are the lowest  end and are still way stronger than the Roval outer shell their threaded into. I striped all the threads out of the shell. Fifth hub I've done that to in 8 years of mountain biking.  
The real solution is new wheels with King hubs in the middle. That's not in my budget right now so luckily Dan at Victory Vello warrantied the wheel on the spot and I'm ready for BC. You can see I upgraded to Saint brakes. With only one ride on them so far I am finally happy with a set of mountain bike brakes. We'll see how they handle Whistler. I mounted up a set of Schwalbe Hans Damf's to make sure there were no excuses on the bike's part. Sean, Aarron, Dan and I start our trek to BC tomorrow. Should be one of the funner road trips I've been on. First stop Plains of Abraham, Mt. St. Helens.

No comments:

Post a Comment