Sunday, February 19, 2017

New Shock

I bought a new shock for my Enduro a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately it didn't come with bushings. I bought an Ohlins STX22 used off Ebay. I didn't realize that Ohlins used an odd size bushing, 12mm instead of the standard 12.7mm. After an order to Offsetbushings.com and waiting a week for them to get here from the UK I'm finally in business. 
For the first couple miles I thought my bike was broken. I stopped several times to check if the axles were loose or tires flat. Turns out my Cane Creek shock has been so crappy for so long that I adjusted to fork to compensate for the fact that it wouldn't hold the back end up. I had to add over 20# of air to the fork to get it back up to 30% sag. All of a sudden my bike would steer without tucking the front wheel. I only had a couple hours at Redhills, but so far I'm stoked. Made it up Red nightmare without a dab or pedal strike! Never did that with the old shock. Seems like five to ten pedal strikes a ride were the norm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment