Saturday, August 13, 2011

New back yard

Its strange how you can ride in an area all the time and still not know it all. I have been hearing about Moraine trail for a while now but I never got around to it. Riding this trail is a humbling experience. Lucas was right when he said it makes all the other trails look easier. There really isn't anything scary but the effort and concentration it takes to clean a section is intense.
Lucas showing me the line. You can't tell from the photo but that rock is so steep I could barely walk down it to get the shot. I then had to climb back up for my attempt at staying on line. This is one trail that I think would actually be harder on the Uzzi. You need a bike that is very responsive, no slacked out DH sleds here.
We had a little bit of a Stoker moment while we sessioned this super fun baby rock drop for the camera.
If I could only get the other wheel in the air it would look way cooler
Lucas is the master of the slow technical rock trails. I did my best to follow his lines but he didn't make very many mistakes. Every time I botched a line he was gone. I am going to have to ride this trail a lot more. I think it will definitely improve my balance and timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment