Saturday, August 6, 2011

Oregon Week 2

After Mt St. Helen's every ride other ride is now smaller. I managed to get some more new trails in though. The BLM is doing amazing work teaming up with the I.M.B.A. to make a trail system in the small town of Sandy OR. They know what flow is and just how steep "climbable" is. The signature trail is called hide and seek. I met up with a couple locals that were nice enough to give me a tour. Its like riding a roller coaster down to the bottom after an easy road climb. It was so much fun we pedaled back up for seconds on the lower trail. There were so many rollers and berms that my legs hurt from the downhill not the climb.
You can see the forest is about as dense as it gets. Mike here is coming down Hide and seek.
Alex pulled up the rear. I didn't get a picture of Dennis. I want to thank all three of them for showing me around.
After leaving the Portland area we stopped over in Ashland. Ashland Mountain Adventures runs a shuttle service to the top of Mt. Ashland. The trails that run back into the town are fast and steep. Gage got going fast enough to have his first serous endo. Once he got his confidence back he was able to ride almost every part of the run.
A little blood just shows that you did something.
Awesome single track.
I don't think Jeanie thought it was as much fun as Gage but she had a good time anyway. The next morning I did a solo run at 7 am (thanks for the shuttle Oldpa) and made it back to the hotel in an hour and twenty minutes not to bad for a 4641ft drop. It would be possible to get several runs in a day as it only takes 30min to get to the top. Over all an amazing trip all over the north west. So many different types of terrain. I am looking forward to my own trails finally being free of snow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment