Sunday, May 16, 2010

5 13, 2010


Its hard to see, but the plastic base is cracked all the way across right through the middle.

After working back to back sixteen hour shifts I decided to go on a ride before I went to bed. I called my go to guy for every adventure ride Bobby. Of course he was game and this time he even suggested we go farther. It turned out to be about 43 miles. All the way to Beardsley dam and back. Katie the psycho dog was a little thrashed after that one. All road, 99% dirt though but we couldn't have asked for better conditions. I did manage to brake my Specialized Henge seat though. I have two of them an they are the most comfortable seats I have used so far. It appears that this one wasn't fat ass proof. I was riding on flat dirt road when I felt the seat "pop". I pulled over and found a crack all the way across the plastic base under the padding. It was still rideable but it put pressure in some inconvenient places. All and all perfect day of riding I wore out the dog and still got three hours of sleep before I had to go back to the grind.
P.S. German Short hairs are amazing. Katie never stops amazing me on every ride she goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment