Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New to blogging

Some of my friends have told me I need to document the stuff that I break on my mountain bikes. I have an uncanny ability to break bizarre parts. My friend at the bike shop threatened to not warranty my parts anymore. I think he was joking.....??

I haven't been documenting it up until now, but in the last year I have broken 3 hubs, a pivot bolt,ripped the sideplates open out of several links of chain all at one time, busted derailleur hangers, derailleurs, ripped a sproket out of a cassette, smashed a rotor, and that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head! Oh yeah, and I broke two cell phones while riding also, once was from a 50 ft fall off of a cliff.

My wife says I need to become a product destroyer/tester, in order to afford my "sickness" as another friend calls it.

I thought I would start posting pictures/ride info from now on just for fun. Who knows, maybe SRAM or some other bike company will take sympathy on me someday and start throwing parts my way to try. Hey, I can dream, can't I???

Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment