Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Made it

Cody thought it should have been me braking a chain
*****
As you can see the weather was horible, The crazy part is the trail looks almost smooth.
*****
Cody, right after he threatened to lose my number
*****

Cody was nice enough to take pictures for us, Bobby, Fish, Katie the psycho trail dog, & me






*****
I made it through a whole ride today without breaking anything! I even crashed once, and only got a couple of scratches out of the deal. Out of the last seven rides I have been on, I have only completed two without walking out or having an extra bike brought to me.

I tried to do the one bike for everything bit, and my Pivot Firebird fits that bill superbly, but I must have extra bikes for the down time. Waiting for parts kills me. My wife says that I get unpleasant when I can't ride.

Today I rode about 19 miles and about 12 of them were filled with Baby heads and loose lava rock. I tried out some new Avid Codes on my Uzzi. Thats a lot of power. Now all of my bikes have Avid brakes on them. I couldn't be happier with them.

I'm waiting on a derrailleur hanger in order to fix my Pivot. Hopefully it will come in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks Dave, Cody, and Bobby for joining me today.

Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment