Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pinball even harder


Lucas,Khris,Me,King George,Cody,John,Bruce,Bobby,&Joe
****
I took some flat landers for a ride yesterday. They wanted to ride pinball. I don't think they appreciated the way I took them there. It ended up being 32miles and about six hours of riding. The King was not pleased with me. He may not listen to me on route decisions again. The up side is it was an awesome ride and I didn't break anything.

I rode my Firebird with a few extra links in the chain that seems to have done the trick. Shimano says you should wrap your chain around your biggest sprockets front and rear and then add four pins. That is where I had it when I ripped off the last hanger so I added two.

It should be noted that the adjuster screws on SRAM XO derailers are aluminum and are very easy to break. I had to scavenge two screws out of an old X9 to make it ride able. The last XO derailleur I had was the same way but I only bent the screws on that one. You might want to consider a X9 if you bash yours a lot, or consider the shadow by Shimano which is supposed to be out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment