Monday, May 17, 2010

Winter ride in May


Me, The Loafer, Sam, and Cody

Cody wasn't to happy I beet him to the top

The Loafer and Cody comming out of some of the flowiest singletrack around


Sam lovin life on his first real trail ride



May 17 2010, I decided to drag the crew out on a rain epic. 27 miles with it raining almost the whole time. Normally I would reserve the word epic for more mileage but today we earned every inch. Sam passed his initiation with flying colors. Especially the flying part. A quarter mile down the first single track of the day he took a header and knocked himself loopy. We got worried when he didn't show up at the bottom so we climbed all the way back up (bonus climb). We got real scared when he wasn't at the top. Turns out he was so loopy that he went the other way. Fortunately cell signal is good out there.




The rest of the ride was just laughing and sliding. Its kind of nice when you are so wet you don't even try to miss the puddles. Great day. I think one of the best parts was knowing that most people wouldn't even dream of going out on a day like today, let alone try to cover as much of the Stanislaus forest as we did.




Thank to Cody, Sam and the Loafer for not bailing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dale! Great pictures. Sam had a blast. I'm glad I didn't go, I would have definitely been left behind! I love your blog and will continue to follow you.

    ReplyDelete