Monday, May 24, 2010

He had to make the Blog

Five days later
That should feel better when it quits hurting

The hard to see Waterfall behind us was an excellent place to refuel the dog


Can't be hurt too bad if he's still smiling



Spray & wash might work








Fish out of water?



Dave made me get out of bed today. He told me I had to go riding. We decided to knock out a 40 miler up to Beardsley and back. Unfortunately the Loafer couldn't be reached so we set out to beat the winter storm that's supposed to show up tomorrow. It's almost June right?
I started to see the tracks of a worn out pair of Kenda Nevengals and figured the Loafer was ahead of us. Sure enough we ran into him behind Crandel Peak.
We finished out our ride and parted ways with Loafer. Dave and I were going about as fast as we could go back down from the lake when he was reminded how much we hate Kenda Nevengals (I really don't see the magazines love for these tires). His front tire washed out in a turn and he got to sample the muddy gravel at about 20 mph. The up side is he was relatively OK, minor cuts and a little blood, and I didn't brake anything today.
By the way, He said two things at the beginning of the ride that brought him to his demise. "I just came today because I wanted to make the blog" and " I figured I wouldn't need my knee guards since we're just riding road"

No comments:

Post a Comment